Welcome to DIGI Lab
DIGI Lab is a micro factory testbed and playground at AU BTECH. The focus of DIGI Lab is ‘Testing Digitalisation’ using state-of-the-art technology such as Autonomous Electric Vehicles, Edge and cloud computing, Robotics, AI / ML / DL, 3D hybrid manufacturing materials and much more to amplify digital, lean and green factories of future.
As a testbed, the lab brings the tools and scenarios of industrial digitalisation into one open space, offering students an opportunity to test theoretical concepts in practice and in a safe environment. This helps the students gain practical experience and promotes active learning and problem-solving capabilities.
The purpose of the DIGI Lab is to support the development of real businesses based on disruptive digital technologies.
The DIGI Lab is a space to…
- Explore how IoT technology can facilitate industry in improved efficiency, business competitiveness, green business models and circular economy (supporting material recovery or regeneration).
- Showcase industrial IoT (industry X.0) solutions.
- Engage in projects and research in the fields of mechatronics and biomimetics.
- Inspire and intrigue curiosity of young professionals using digital technologies for business development.
- Support the local industry by educating young professionals in digital technologies and business development.
- Build, facilitate or support spin-offs i.e. start-ups, based on original research from DIGI Lab.
- Attract businesses and organizations to generate fundable collaborations with DIGI Lab.
Autonomous, electric and IoT enabled donkey cars and robotic arms are among the equipment available in DIGI Lab.
Join DIGI Lab if…
You seek a vivid testbed to engage with state-of-the-art technology. The facility aims to facilitate learning and teaching about industrial IoT, robotics and Industry 4.0 by providing an open physical space for students, lecturers and researchers to meet and work on projects in areas such as mass product development, enabled technology for digital manufacturing and technological business model innovation.
Students and partners from academia as well as industry are invited to showcase and demonstrate their digital innovations in the DIGI Lab facility.
If you want more information or to gain access to the DIGI Lab, contact Associate Professor Michail Beliatis.
Equipment portfolio of DIGI Lab
- Autonomous, electric and IoT enabled robotics, robotic arms and various robotic-arm-attachments
- Edge computers
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- 3D printers and hybrid manufacturing materials
- Telecoms 4G, 5G-LoRa etc.
New equipment is added to the lab on a continuous basis.
Associate Professor Michail Belatis calibrates one of the many robotic arms in DIGI Lab.
3044, Department of Business Development and Technology, Aarhus University – Birk Centerpark 15, 7400 Herning, Denmark.
The DIGI Lab is designed and led by Michail Beliatis, Associate Professor at BTECH AU.