Gain new insight
As a lecturer, you can get access to in-depth case studies and other teaching materials that may help your students with their studies and the subject understanding. As a researcher, you can find the most relevant research in your field.
Smart urban development and improved liveability through data-driven environmental monitoring.
Aqua Robur designs and develops IoT devices with build-in energy harvesting technology and software solutions: The case study shows, how IoT is used to secure water resources and monitor water distribution.
The manufacturer of acoustic panels is striving to leverage data from operational processes for increased efficiency. This case study shows how IoT has set the course for digitalisation.
Selected DBD research on Digital Business Development
- Aagaard, A., Lüdeke-Freund, F., & Wells, P. (2021). Business Models for Sustainability Transitions. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., Collins, T., Beliatis, M., Skou, A.K., Jakobsen, E.M. (2021). The Role of Digital Maturity Assessment in Technology Interventions with Industrial Internet Playground. Electronics, 10(10), 1134.
- Aagaard, A., & Nielsen, C. (2021). The Fifth Stage of Business Model Research: The Role of Business Models in Times of Uncertainty. Journal of Business Models, 9(1).
- Aagaard, A., Saari, U. A., & Mäkinen, S. J. (2021). Mapping the types of business experimentation in creating sustainable value: A case study of cleantech start-ups. Journal of Cleaner Production, 123182.
- Beliatis, M. J., Jensen, K., Ellegaard, L., Aagaard, A. & Presser, M. (2021). Next generation industrial IoT digitalization for traceability in metal manufacturing industry: A case study of industry 4.0. Electronics (Switzerland), 10(5), 1-14.
- Aagaard, A. & Gassmann, O. (2020). Value co-creation across digital ecosystems: A multiple case study. Paper presented at Continuous Innovation Network Conference 2020, Milan, Italy.
- Miehe, L., Aagaard, A. & Ritala, P. (2020). Building co-alignment in innovation ecosystem governance: The emergent process of governance formation in nascent ecosystems. Research Policy.
- Aagaard, A. & Ritzén, S. (2020). The critical aspects of co‐creating and co‐capturing sustainable value in service business models. Creativity and Innovation Management, 29(2), 292-302.
- Acharya, K., Presser, M. & Campinoti, M. (2020). A Curated Chronology: Traits of Electrical Energy from Research-through-Design Practices. Paper presented at Design Research Society 2020, Brisbane, Australia.
- Rezac, F. (2020) Addressing Conceptual Randomness in IoT-Driven Business Ecosystem Research. Sensors, 20, 5842.
- Præstegaard, R. T., Wiencken, D. M., Collins, T., & Presser, M. (2019). EDUMONDO: Prototyping a learning analytics system. Paper presented at IEEE Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., & Andersen, T. (2019). Applying IoT as a leverage for business model innovation and digital transformation. Paper presented at IEEE Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
See the full list of publications here.
Models & Tools
Listen to European Open-Source Developers, Researchers, Internet and Privacy advocates, as they discuss the technologies and methods of a Human Internet, in this new podcast, that is dedicated to the European Next Generation Internet Program (NGI).