Gain new insight
As a lecturer, you can get access to case studies and other teaching materials that may help your students with their studies and the subject understanding. As a researcher, you can find the most relevant research in your field.
Artificial sensing and intelligence for increased understanding and management of natural ecosystems.
Plug-and-play solution helps save water and energy by nudging people towards sustainable behaviour in the shower.
Smart urban development and improved liveability through data-driven environmental monitoring.
Selected DBD research on Digital Business Development
- Aagaard, A., Lüdeke-Freund, F., & Wells, P. (2021). Business Models for Sustainability Transitions. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., Collins, T., Beliatis, M., Skou, A.K., Jakobsen, E.M. (2021). The Role of Digital Maturity Assessment in Technology Interventions with Industrial Internet Playground. Electronics, 10(10), 1134.
- Aagaard, A., & Nielsen, C. (2021). The Fifth Stage of Business Model Research: The Role of Business Models in Times of Uncertainty. Journal of Business Models, 9(1).
- Aagaard, A., Saari, U. A., & Mäkinen, S. J. (2021). Mapping the types of business experimentation in creating sustainable value: A case study of cleantech start-ups. Journal of Cleaner Production, 123182.
- Beliatis, M. J., Jensen, K., Ellegaard, L., Aagaard, A. & Presser, M. (2021). Next generation industrial IoT digitalization for traceability in metal manufacturing industry: A case study of industry 4.0. Electronics (Switzerland), 10(5), 1-14.
- Aagaard, A. & Gassmann, O. (2020). Value co-creation across digital ecosystems: A multiple case study. Paper presented at Continuous Innovation Network Conference 2020, Milan, Italy.
- Miehe, L., Aagaard, A. & Ritala, P. (2020). Building co-alignment in innovation ecosystem governance: The emergent process of governance formation in nascent ecosystems. Research Policy.
- Aagaard, A. & Ritzén, S. (2020). The critical aspects of co‐creating and co‐capturing sustainable value in service business models. Creativity and Innovation Management, 29(2), 292-302.
- Acharya, K., Presser, M. & Campinoti, M. (2020). A Curated Chronology: Traits of Electrical Energy from Research-through-Design Practices. Paper presented at Design Research Society 2020, Brisbane, Australia.
- Rezac, F. (2020) Addressing Conceptual Randomness in IoT-Driven Business Ecosystem Research. Sensors, 20, 5842.
- Præstegaard, R. T., Wiencken, D. M., Collins, T., & Presser, M. (2019). EDUMONDO: Prototyping a learning analytics system. Paper presented at IEEE Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., & Andersen, T. (2019). Applying IoT as a leverage for business model innovation and digital transformation. Paper presented at IEEE Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
See the full list of publications here.
Models & Tools
The field of strategy has evolved substantially in the past twenty-five years. Firms have learned to analyse their competitive environment, define their position, develop competitive and corporate advantages and understand better how to sustain advantage in...
How can organisations contribute to societal transformation? The editors provide answers in a newly published book and offer a free version of the ‘Business Models for Sustainability Transitions’ introductory chapter.
An official event at Aarhus University introduced the new laboratory facilities that are built to strengthen business research and cultivate the innovation skills of local businesses, municipalities and students. Among the nine labs are DBD’s DIGI Lab and PROTO*Lab.
Listen to European Open-Source Developers, Researchers, Internet and Privacy advocates, as they discuss the technologies and methods of a Human Internet, in this new podcast, that is dedicated to the European Next Generation Internet Program (NGI).