Gain in-depth understanding
Learn about digital transformation in various industries, the newest technology, business challenges and real life solutions through our case studies. Gain an overview and understanding of various research methods and how to apply business development models & tools in your own projects and assignments.
Artificial sensing and intelligence for increased understanding and management of natural ecosystems.
Plug-and-play solution helps save water and energy by nudging people towards sustainable behaviour in the shower.
Smart urban development and improved liveability through data-driven environmental monitoring.
Models & Tools
Research intro describing what is this section about
- Aagaard, A. & Rezac, F. (2022). Governing the interplay of inter-organizational relationship mechanisms in open innovation projects across ecosystems. Industrial Marketing Management. 105, 131-146.
- Aagaard, A., Lüdeke-Freund, F., & Wells, P. (2021). Business Models for Sustainability Transitions. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., Collins, T., Beliatis, M., Skou, A.K., Jakobsen, E.M. (2021). The Role of Digital Maturity Assessment in Technology Interventions with Industrial Internet Playground. Electronics, 10(10), 1134.
- Aagaard, A., & Nielsen, C. (2021). The Fifth Stage of Business Model Research: The Role of Business Models in Times of Uncertainty. Journal of Business Models, 9(1).
- Aagaard, A., Saari, U. A., & Mäkinen, S. J. (2021). Mapping the types of business experimentation in creating sustainable value: A case study of cleantech start-ups. Journal of Cleaner Production, 123182.
- Beliatis, M. J., Jensen, K., Ellegaard, L., Aagaard, A. & Presser, M. (2021). Next generation industrial iot digitalization for traceability in metal manufacturing industry: A case study of industry 4.0. Electronics (Switzerland), 10(5), 1-14.
- Aagaard, A. & Gassmann, O. (2020). Value co-creation across digital ecosystems: A multiple case study. Paper presented at Continuous Innovation Network Conference 2020, Milan, Italy.
- Miehe, L., Aagaard, A. & Ritala, P. (2020). Building co-alignment in innovation ecosystem governance: The emergent process of governance formation in nascent ecosystems. Research Policy.
- Aagaard, A. & Ritzén, S. (2020). The critical aspects of co‐creating and co‐capturing sustainable value in service business models. Creativity and Innovation Management, 29(2), 292-302.
- Acharya, K., Presser, M. & Campinoti, M. (2020). A Curated Chronology: Traits of Electrical Energy from Research-through-Design Practices. Paper presented at Design Research Society 2020, Brisbane, Australia.
- Rezac, F. (2020) Addressing Conceptual Randomness in IoT-Driven Business Ecosystem Research. Sensors, 20, 5842.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., Beliatis, M., Mansour, H. & Nagy, S. (2019). A Tool for Internet of Things Digital Business Model Innovation. Paper presented at IEEE Globecom Workshops 2018, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M. & Andersen, T. C. (2019). Applying IoT as a leverage for business model innovation and digital transformation. Paper presented at IEEE, Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
- Præstegaard, R. T., Wiencken, D. M., Collins, T., & Presser, M. (2019). EDUMONDO: Prototyping a learning analytics system. Paper presented at IEEE Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
Go to the full list of publications here.
Børsen, Christian Østergaard, 2022.06.10
The Danish Council for Societal Responsibility and World Goals recommends that all companies provide climate accounts – including small companies. SMEs recon that their initiatives are significant for the green transition, but many see CO2 accounting as a hindrance.
Nordea Invest, Sanne Opstrup Wedel, 2022.02.07
Once upon a time, traceability and digital technologies were for the few and far-sighted companies. Now it will be the new business standard to be able to document one’s entire value chain and its discharge.
Nordea Invest, Sanne Opstrup Wedel, 2022.01.25
When companies start delivering on the ESG targets, greenwashing is minimised. It becomes easier along with the rise of requirements for ESG reporting that are as formal as those that exist for financial reporting.
Nordea Invest, Sanne Opstrup Wedel, 2022.01.25
Large climate footprint from food, new health crises due to resistant bacteria and vulnerable populations are among those challenges the world is facing. However, the ESGs can help foster solutions.
Børsen, Marianne Vadgaard Christensen, 2021.11.23
Incited by the case of the controversial startup Freshland, Annabeth Aagaard comments on the importance of a good working environment, also in entrepreneurial companies, if one is to attract and retain resources to help the company grow.
Ingeniøren, Laurids Hovgaard, 2021.08.20
The three finalists Aguardio, Clevertrack and Wastehero for The IoT Award 2021 are all tapping into a trend of the IoT domain to outsource the network technology of their solutions.
F5 Focus, Nils Würtzenfeld, 2021.08.11
Associate Professor Annabeth Aagaard wants to see the business community involved in the green transition, and offers advice on how sustainability can be implemented successfully with profitability in mind.
BTECH, Rasmus Eriksen, 2021.06.25
The acoustic panel manufacturer Troldtekt went from gut feeling to factual data when launching an extensive digitalisation of its production. Now DBD at Aarhus University strives to equip the rest of Denmark’s SMEs for the digital development of the future. [Danish]
Herning Folkeblad, Stig Dahlgren, 2020.09.08
Annabeth Aagaard experiences that some companies unintentionally invest in digitalisation they do not need. According to Annabeth Aagaard, great gains based on a more digital approach is possible, but only if you can sell it – Digitalisation is a process. It is not a package solution, she adds.
Prosabladet, John Lund, 2020.09.01
Huawei and the Chinese authorities want to prepare the network for the future by making the IP protocol more intelligent. It may solve issues of data congestion, but critics stress that it exacerbates privacy issues and threatens net neutrality by facilitating online control and surveillance.