Gain an in-depth understanding
Learn about various industries, the newest technology, business challenges and real life solutions through the most recent case studies. Gain an overview and understanding of various research methods and how to apply BM Innovation models & tools in your own projects and assignments.
Smart urban development and improved liveability through data-driven environmental monitoring.
Aqua Robur designs and develops IoT devices with build-in energy harvesting technology and software solutions: The case study shows, how IoT is used to secure water resources and monitor water distribution.
The manufacturer of acoustic panels is striving to leverage data from operational processes for increased efficiency. This case study shows how IoT has set the course for digitalisation.
Models & Tools
Research intro describing what is this section about
- Aagaard, A., Lüdeke-Freund, F., & Wells, P. (2021). Business Models for Sustainability Transitions. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., Collins, T., Beliatis, M., Skou, A.K., Jakobsen, E.M. (2021). The Role of Digital Maturity Assessment in Technology Interventions with Industrial Internet Playground. Electronics, 10(10), 1134.
- Aagaard, A., & Nielsen, C. (2021). The Fifth Stage of Business Model Research: The Role of Business Models in Times of Uncertainty. Journal of Business Models, 9(1).
- Aagaard, A., Saari, U. A., & Mäkinen, S. J. (2021). Mapping the types of business experimentation in creating sustainable value: A case study of cleantech start-ups. Journal of Cleaner Production, 123182.
- Beliatis, M. J., Jensen, K., Ellegaard, L., Aagaard, A. & Presser, M. (2021). Next generation industrial iot digitalization for traceability in metal manufacturing industry: A case study of industry 4.0. Electronics (Switzerland), 10(5), 1-14.
- Aagaard, A. & Gassmann, O. (2020). Value co-creation across digital ecosystems: A multiple case study. Paper presented at Continuous Innovation Network Conference 2020, Milan, Italy.
- Miehe, L., Aagaard, A. & Ritala, P. (2020). Building co-alignment in innovation ecosystem governance: The emergent process of governance formation in nascent ecosystems. Research Policy.
- Aagaard, A. & Ritzén, S. (2020). The critical aspects of co‐creating and co‐capturing sustainable value in service business models. Creativity and Innovation Management, 29(2), 292-302.
- Acharya, K., Presser, M. & Campinoti, M. (2020). A Curated Chronology: Traits of Electrical Energy from Research-through-Design Practices. Paper presented at Design Research Society 2020, Brisbane, Australia.
- Rezac, F. (2020) Addressing Conceptual Randomness in IoT-Driven Business Ecosystem Research. Sensors, 20, 5842.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M., Beliatis, M., Mansour, H. & Nagy, S. (2019). A Tool for Internet of Things Digital Business Model Innovation. Paper presented at IEEE Globecom Workshops 2018, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Aagaard, A., Presser, M. & Andersen, T. C. (2019). Applying IoT as a leverage for business model innovation and digital transformation. Paper presented at IEEE, Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
- Præstegaard, R. T., Wiencken, D. M., Collins, T., & Presser, M. (2019). EDUMONDO: Prototyping a learning analytics system. Paper presented at IEEE Global IoT Summit (GIoTS) 2019, Aarhus, Denmark.
Go to the full list of publications here.
Ingeniøren, Laurids Hovgaard, 2021.08.20
The three finalists Aguardio, Clevertrack and Wastehero for The IoT Award 2021 are all tapping into a trend of the IoT domain to outsource the network technology of their solutions.
F5 Focus, Nils Würtzenfeld, 2021.08.11
Associate Professor Annabeth Aagaard wants to see the business community involved in the green transition, and offers advice on how sustainability can be implemented successfully with profitability in mind.
BTECH, Rasmus Eriksen, 2021.06.25
The acoustic panel manufacturer Troldtekt went from gut feeling to factual data when launching an extensive digitalisation of its production. Now DBD at Aarhus University strives to equip the rest of Denmark’s SMEs for the digital development of the future. [Danish]
Herning Folkeblad, Stig Dahlgren, 2020.09.08
Annabeth Aagaard experiences that some companies unintentionally invest in digitalisation they do not need. According to Annabeth Aagaard, great gains based on a more digital approach is possible, but only if you can sell it – Digitalisation is a process. It is not a package solution, she adds.
Prosabladet, John Lund, 2020.09.01
Huawei and the Chinese authorities want to prepare the network for the future by making the IP protocol more intelligent. It may solve issues of data congestion, but critics stress that it exacerbates privacy issues and threatens net neutrality by facilitating online control and surveillance.
Teknologiens Mediehus, Louise Vogdrup-Schmidt, 2020.06.09
Finding the right consultant can be a struggle when the business needs digital help. It can be expensive in time and money and end up being bad experience rather than enrichment. Associate Professor Annabeth Aagaard from Aarhus University gives advice on avoiding the pitfalls.
Jyllands-Posten, Annabeth Aagaard, 2019.09.03
Danish SMEs lack knowledge of circular economics. If they are to secure their business and competitiveness in the future they must embark on a green and circular transition.
Jyllands-Posten, Annabeth Aagaard, 2019.09.02
Increased use of by-products, biogas production and share farming can make agriculture more sustainable while increasing efficiency. Conventional agriculture can also be sustainable even if they are not organic. And it is never too late to adjust to new demands.
Jyllands-Posten, Annabeth Aagaard, 2019.08.07
When looking for new business potentials and build on top of the lean foundation of your business, data can be a favorable growth accelerator. Cykelpartner.dk, Hounö, Carlsberg and Bjerg Arkitektur are examples of four different strategies for improving the bottom line through data of existing and new business.
Teknologiens Mediehus, Morten Lund, 2019.06.07
Simple sensor technology allows the acoustic panel manufacturer Troldtekt, to collect, analyse and visualize data from the production, enabling them to predict machine breakdowns – even before they occur. Industrial Internet Playground (IIP) is the title of the new EU-funded project, which aim to digitally mature manufacturing firms.